Your personal data
- your participation in ISO standardization activities, for which your agreement to the Data Protection Policy for ISO members and the Declaration on copyright and data protection for participants in ISO activities (as an ISO member or participant, respectively) is required;
- your creation of a ISO webstore account, and any subsequent use of your account, including for purchases;
- your creation of an ISO member’s webstore account hosted by ISO, and any subsequent use of your account, including for purchases, as specified to you;
- your use of ISO’s websites and other IT tools provided to you by ISO, as specified to you;
- your subscriptions to ISO Update, our newsletters, and any other subscription campaign, as specified to you; and
- if you are a participant in ISO standardization activities, please contact your ISO member to which you gave your personal data or contact ISO directly at DataProtectionOfficer@iso.org;
- if you hold an account for the ISO webstore or an ISO member’s webstore account hosted by ISO, you can directly revise the personal data in your account (see Our webstore below for more details about how to control your personal data);
- if you are visiting ISO’s websites, you can control your acceptance of cookies (including deleting them) by changing your browser settings (see Our cookies below for more details about how to control your personal data); and
- if you have subscriptions to ISO Update, our newsletters, and any other subscription campaign, you can unsubscribe at any time (see Our service providers below for more information about how we ensure successful subscription campaigns.)
In addition to understanding how ISO processes your personal data and your right to withdraw your agreement to that processing, you can request access to, correction of and deletion of your personal data. You can also request that your personal data be provided to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Where the request for your personal data in said portable format requires ISO to incur expense, you may be requested compensation. Requests for deletion will be considered in light of ISO’s tax, auditing, contractual and other obligations under applicable laws, including in Switzerland, as well as ISO’s legitimate interests or business requirements in preserving past contributions to ISO standardization work. Your personal data is retained for specific data retention periods as determined under ISO’s tax, auditing, contractual and other obligations under applicable laws and ISO’s legitimate interests or business requirements, after which your personal data is deleted or anonymized. For any questions or concerns, you may contact ISO’s Data Protection Officer at DataProtectionOfficer@iso.org, as registered with the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC).
You contribute to the ISO system. We rely on you to help us and help others. If you suspect a personal data breach, please contact ISO’s Data Protection Officer at DataProtectionOfficer@iso.org immediately.
In order to provide you the best service possible, we may transfer your personal data to our service providers that provide us back office applications for ISO’s websites, your accounts and subscriptions, and other IT tools. These service providers are bound by contractual agreements to keep your data private and secure.
For subscriptions to ISO Update, our newsletters, and any other subscription campaigns, we use a service provider to help us track rates of subscriber engagement within specific campaigns as well as capture engagement trends overall.
From time to time, we may ask our website visitors to answer survey questions about ISO’s websites, our products or categories of products. Surveys will not request any personally identifiable data.
Find more information in our cookie page.
You can consult, revise and correct the personal data that you have provided us directly through your webstore account. Alternatively, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including if you wish to close your account.
When you purchase an ISO deliverable like a standard from the ISO webstore, in order to make sure you always have access to information about any updates or corrections to the ISO deliverable, the button to “follow” the deliverable is automatically ticked. If you do not wish to receive any corrigendum or notices about updates to the deliverable you have purchased, you can either un-click the “follow” button before you make your purchase or manage the deliverables you wish to “follow” directly through your ISO webstore account.
All content on ISO Online is copyright protected. The copyright is owned by ISO. Any use of the content, including copying of it in whole or in part, for example to another Internet site, is prohibited and would require written permission from ISO.
All ISO publications are also protected by copyright. The copyright ownership of ISO is clearly indicated on every ISO publication. Any unauthorized use such as copying, scanning or distribution is prohibited.